AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some Pics of Our Anhydrous Application
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

brada
Posted 11/18/2008 00:20 (#509676 - in reply to #509522)
Subject: RE: Some Pics of Our Anhydrous Application

Bancroft, Iowa
Jacob Bolson - 11/17/2008 19:30

Who's RTK base stations are you running off of, Brad? RTK of Iowa?

The RTK is coming from the Red Power Team's network.... http://www.redpowerteam.com

cdeklotz - 11/17/2008 19:48

How is the Direct Command working?? Also do you use a nitrogen stablizer such as N-serve?? If so, have you thought of ever injecting the N serve in-line?? The insight now connects to a raven sidekick and everything can be controlled through the Insight!!

The Direct Command is working very well. This is our 4th fall using it for Nh3 application. We are not using N-serve, never have. The ground temps are between 30-40 degreees so there should be very minimal nitrate loss. I am aware that the insight is capable though, a very impressive piece of technology!

cdeklotz - 11/17/2008 19:48
Do you have your toolbar set up to where you can shut-off half the toolbar using say the autoswath feature?? Sorry for all the questions, but can you tell me how fast your 9400 can run assuming you are pulling a 19 knife?? We are kicking around the idea of getting either a 24 knife Blue-jet or 20 knife DMI 5300 and dont really know what 4wd size we would need to go with?? Thanks, Cole.

Yes, we are using autoswath - it is working well, the bar is divided into 2 sections. The bar belongs to the local co-op, it came with a raven 440. We left the 440 in the shop and hooked our Insight directly to it using the Raven harness. Between that and the autopilot, anhydrous application has become very simple! It is a 19 knife bar. We are running anywhere from 6.5 to 7.5mph without lugging the tractor. The bar and tractor are a nice match, but the tractor should be capable of handling a larger bar as well.

Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 11/17/2008 20:44

Thanks for the photos.

I'm personally surprised that w/those temps & cloudy conditions (always seems conducive to cooler icing) you can get enough consistent, reliable flow for that width of application even with 2 tanks & 2 coolers. I assume each tank feeds a respective cooler?

But, obviously it works.

The tanks are plumbed together, as well as the coolers being plumbed together. It works very well with the double tank configuration. We found that connecting only one of the hoses to the tanks from the applicator would not provide adequate flow at the higher speeds, as long as both hoses are hooked to the tank it worked well. I had to hook to a single large tank earlier today and had to slow down slightly to keep the Insight happy, if I sped up the rate would begin to jump around and had a harder time locking in at the tartet rate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)