AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for more experienced persons
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/16/2008 14:50 (#508303 - in reply to #508259)
Subject: RE: Question for more experienced persons

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, you can certainly do that with a very basic cable.

This cable has a connector for the Insight, a 9 Pin for getting GPS IN and a three pole weatherpak for Power IN.

You could map any activity and would Start/Stop the logging and mapping by use of the Switch Button on the lower right hand corner of the screen.

Planting variety maps can be created this way.

Another common use is to map tile lines. One can get quite tricky and use different colors for different sizes of tile or old versus new etc.

If you want to get a little fancier and have a switch of some kind do this then you need to get the Application rate module and a somewhat more complex wiring harness.

The Application rate module would allow you to start/stop the logging and mapping with an external switch.

This module also has the capability of being connected to a basic flowmeter to monitor and record (not control) rates of some type of product.

We have many customers who use a ground driven pump to deliver and control their liquid starter fertilizer on their corn planters. They often put a flowmeter in the output line of the pump before it is split up to the rows to monitor the flow. The actual delivery rate is determined by the stroke setting and sprocket combination driving the pump but the rate can be monitored/mapped very nicely with the Insight.

A shaft sensor could also be used with this module to monitor the delivery of some dry product.

For example on my 1760 planter, I use the App Rate Module to monitor/log/map my starter fertilizer for corn. When I plant soybeans with this same planter I use a shaft sensor and the Insight gives me a population based on the seed shaft rotation. In both cases I am able to record the different varieties planted in different places.

Yet another use for the App Rate module is to connect the Insight system to another controller via a serial connection. We have many customers who do this with their Insight and a Raven Spray Controller or a Sidekick Direct Injection console.

My nephew's manure rig is controlled by a Raven 450. The 450 can be connected to the App Rate Module serial port. The two boxes then can talk back and forth so that the Insight can log/monitor/map the rate being applied by the Raven. New Rates can be sent from the Insight to the Raven via this same connection.

The Insight is very versatile and there are many situations where it can be utilized.

Edited by tedbear 11/16/2008 14:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)