AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight with EZ Steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 11/15/2008 15:10 (#507494 - in reply to #507406)
Subject: RE: Insight with EZ Steer

I'm kinda surprised that I explained so much about what you could do with Trimble/AgLeader products and didn't mention what we actually use. We use MojoRTK from Leica. We used it to plant with this spring and to drill with this fall. You can drive several different hydraulic steering valves that come with tractors (John Deere, Cat) and it can also drive an EZ-Steer or a John Deere ATU. It can provide NMEA signals to the Insight simultaneously. We are planning on buying an Insight (or maybe an Edge) to control our Tru-Count clutches later this year for next spring.

In my opinion it is far easier to recall AB lines (Leica calls them waylines) with the MojoRTK unit than it is to recall them with the EZ-Guide+. I can't compare it to the EZ-Guide 500 or Insight as I've never used them for that purpose. I would venture to say that it still requires that you write the AB lines down somewhere though, especially if you have a bunch of them.

Leica seems to be aggressive in enhancing their product. Supposedly they will be able to control more valves in the future. Maybe even Trimble valves someday, who knows.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)