AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KanSun Dryer Moisture Control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NRJessup
Posted 11/11/2008 09:22 (#503225 - in reply to #502931)
Subject: RE: KanSun Dryer Moisture Control

I'm not very familiar with this style of dryer, but I'm assuming it has meter rolls in the bottom that control the flow of grain through it. Does the "Moisture Matic" dial speed up and slow down the meter rolls? If it does it is a potentiometer and the internal resistance is changing over time and the dial and potentiometer itself may need to be replaced. The other option is that the "Moisture Matic" is connected to some sort of temperature probe or even a moisture sensor in the outlet of the dryer so it may be that the temp probe or the moisture sensor has given out and may need to be changed. I have an ancient Delux dryer that I refurbished and also updated with a DMC Moisture Matic controller. It consists of a moisture sensor in the outlet auger of the dryer and computer control that will speed up an slow down the meter rolls to maintain the set output moisture. It works very well and is fairly simple and takes the babysitting out of drying corn. I highly recommend it. Maybe it is time for a retrofit for you, but it was a $3000 piece of equipment and that was several years ago, so be prepared for sticker shock. GSI bought out DMC and they still offer the Moisture Matic line of controllers. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)