AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Herculex types vs Yieldguard types?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JimmyP
Posted 11/6/2008 18:25 (#499458 - in reply to #499017)
Subject: Differences

Lancaster, OH
I sold the YieldGard traits against the Herculex. So, with that in mind, I'll try to be unbiased now.

Both work. Bottom line. It was my experience on ECB you couldn't really tell a difference with YGCB vs Herculex I. Differences will be touted about Western Bean Cutworm or Black Cutworm. I never had the WBC but the BCW differences were so minimal it was more about pressure than control. Kind of like claiming Dual controls Yellow Nutsedge better than Harness or visa versa. Bottom line is they both have activity but neither was very good if you had much.

YGRW vs Herculex RW--I saw differences only in the root structure after initial feeding. The HXRW seemed to respond in a negative way, almost like they were stunted. This was not always the case and may have been more of a genetic response. All of the HXRW hybrids I used for comparison were from Pioneer so it could have been base genetics linked more than trait.

Vectran or VT--a technology that opens the door for more traits, more easily with a more consistent expression of the trait plant to plant and cross to cross. With a good "older cross" which were more common than rare, performance of the individual traits was equal. It did speed up the integration of the traits into newer genetics faster, improving the "traited" germplasm choices and availability of more stacks such as the stacking of YG and HX technologies in the same plants.

Lots of words to say that you want the best genetics you can get with the traits you need in that order. If you're sweating because of YG vs HX, you're burning too much mental energy for the result.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)