AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Steering Characteristics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NH Guy
Posted 11/3/2008 11:26 (#496801)
Subject: Trimble Steering Characteristics

I and several of my neighbors have New Holland tractors, TG and T series tractors with Trimble systems on them. Some tractors have supersteer front ends while some don't and some use RTK for a corrections source while some use WAAS. Some have Field Manager displays with 252 receivers while others have EZ Guide 500s in them, but we are all having the same issue.
Our tractors all steer fine on the line, but while turning on the end of a field, all tractors get on the line better turning in from one side than the other. What I mean is that our tractors seem to hang to one side of the line or the other for several for a short distance before they get right on the line turning in from one direction but not the other. Recalibration or loading new firmware does not seem to help.
Our dealer tech knows his stuff and is almost pulling his hair out and has even been told that that is just how Trimble systems get on the line, but he's worked with other companies and knows that shouldn't be the case. He's tried everything Trimble and NH have suggested to no avail.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or is it just how Trimble systems get on the line?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)