AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking of switching from JD to CIH combine.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 10/26/2008 23:22 (#491737 - in reply to #491502)
Subject: RE: Thinking of switching from JD to CIH combine.

Callao Missouri
Well we went from a 4400JD to a 1660 CIH. All I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!!!! There is an unbelievable difference in serviceability between the two. The red one is so much easer to work on. I believe it does a good job on grain quality also. I always have some cob tips in the tank when harvesting corn but I am afraid to close the sieves down much because my 8 row corn head will overload the cleaning system of a 60 series in good corn. We are having some trouble harvesting beans this year but we tried to squease one more year out of the elephant ears and ware bars. Big mistake we should have put in the kyle rotor flight this year but hind site is 2020, and frost is around the corner.

One thing I would encourage you to do is keep your JD grain platform you might not be satisfied with the quality and some of the quirks of the 1020 CIH platform. I put a 925F on the 1660 and it works good, a full fingered auger would be nice but not nesses. I used a potentiometer sp? off a 1020 on the JD head so the combine and the head could talk to each other effectively. I also run an 1183 Massey corn head that test's the capacity of the cleaning shoe.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)