AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Being critical of the seed industry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

patriotsprayer
Posted 10/26/2008 15:38 (#491367 - in reply to #491005)
Subject: RE: Being critical of the seed industry

Southeastern, PA. 30 miles west of Phila
bigman: After reading your post I had to go back and reread my first post because I was like where did you get the idea that I am in favor of seling multiple brands? Now I understand how you got that idea.

So would you allow me the oppertunity to restate what I mean't to say the first go around?

My problem is with seed salesman that make a vast majority of there annual income from selling one brand of seed. The best seed salesman that I know would fall in to one or more of the following categories

#1. Sells brand X along with fertilizer, chemicals and custom aplications services

#2. Sells brand X along with farming

#3. Sells brand X and Z and no other major scources of income.

Maybe things are differnet in your area but here in southeast PA most P salesman do not fall under any of these 3 catogeories. And so what happens is they act desperate because if they don't sell me an x amount of bags this fall they are out cold for another 12 months!

Maybe it is human nature when you are diversified and one part of your business is not doing as well you focus more in another area and just keep roling along. Rather than when you do one thing and that starts to struggle you freak out and everyone else knows about it!

On the loyalty thing. I have deep respect for salesman that will stick with there company through thick and thin. Especially if they are honest when things are tough!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)