AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS offsets, Insight modeling wrong somewhere..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/27/2008 06:48 (#491814 - in reply to #491228)
Subject: RE: GPS offsets, Insight modeling wrong somewhere..

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This doesn't apply to this situation with the steering but reminded me of an error one of our customers made with GPS offsets.

The customer had strange looking harvesting maps on his Insight and the auto variety selection didn't seem to work properly. The onscreen map seemed to indicate that the combine was weaving.

After switching GPS's and cables with no improvement, the mistake was finally found. The Insight uses the rear axle as the point of reference for all GPS offsets. The customer had correctly entered in the distance that the GPS was ahead of the rear axle but had not entered in the distance that the head was in front of the rear axle. Thus the system "thought" that the head was at the rear axle.

After entering in the correct offset for the head, things worked as expected.

I wish the Insight would display the GPS offset menu when a new tractor or combine is first created. It is quite easy to forget to enter these offsets and then the system just assumes the default offsets of zero.

When a new implement is created, the question of how far back the application takes place from the hitch is asked.

Edited by tedbear 10/27/2008 06:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)