AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 10/22/2008 12:20 (#488120 - in reply to #487031)
Subject: RE: GPS questions

The advantage of the EZ-Guide 500 is that it has a built in receiver that is capable of using signals up to and including the accuracy of RTK. The disadvantage of the EZ-Guide 500 is that it has a built in receiver that is capable of using signals up to and including the accuracy of RTK.

Although we do not have an EZ-Guide 500, I did use a loaner for awhile. It's pretty nice, I must say. I wouldn't say that it for sure is a few thousand dollars better than the EZ-Guide+ that we decided to keep using, but it does have some nifty features.

To explain my first paragraph though, I have done some reading about it that got me to thinking. If you eventually have seven or eight thousand dollars invested in your EZ-Guide+ and you then want to go and use an Insight to control an Auto-Pilot and do variable rate stuff, it's going to be hard to let go of that EZ-Guide 500 because of all the money you put into it to make it run on HP or RTK.

There has been some advice on this forum to instead go with a 332 receiver that would drive an EZ-Guide 500 (not sure if this is possible yet) or an EZ-Guide+ (I'm sure this is possible). Then if you want upgrade signals, you upgrade the 332 instead of the EZ-Guide+ or EZ-Guide 500. If you want to upgrade to an Insight to run an Auto-Pilot, that can still get its signal from the 332. Yes, you can use the EZ-500 to drive and Insight and to drive the autopilot, but you have an extra monitor in the cab and that may or may not be something that you're interested in. It's just a thought and it may be wise to at least research the pros and cons of such a situation before making a decision.

Like the others say though, I would definitely not get a 250. I'd probably either go with a 332 and some sort of guidance hooked to the 332 or I'd go with the 500 depending on what my priorities were.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)