AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Viper capabilities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 9/9/2006 18:10 (#42527)
Subject: Raven Viper capabilities

nc ks
I am considering using a Viper in my sprayer for as applied real time mapping and for sprayer record keeping. I see that it will run Site Mate, will it run Trac Mate also? If so, what is the method of downloading records into the home computer. I have those two programs and am familiar with sync-ing an Ipaq, I assume that the viper would have a storage card that could be sync-ed? For the as applied map, would the Raven software give a better map than the Site Mate?
For a total system, I have an EZ Guide plus, and will add EZ Boom and probably EZ steer. I will leave my Raven 460 to control spray rates. I was then thinking of adding the Viper for mapping and record keeping.
The Raven 460, Viper and Ez Boom have some overlapping capabilities. I am reluctant to let Ez boom control rates and have to set everything through the EZ guide. However, with the addition of a Viper, is there any reason to keep the 460?
Any comments on where I might be going wrong are welcome as I only have the ez guide right now and could go alot of directions.

Edited by kb ag 9/11/2006 11:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)