AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just installed Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/8/2006 06:06 (#42203 - in reply to #42174)
Subject: RE: Just installed Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The elevator cleanout function should work whether you have grain in the combine or not.

In normal operation the proximity switch cycles a relay to run the auger. I have in stalled an LED in the cab so that I can observe this action. In Soybeans the auger will run and then stop in a cyclic fashion. I estimate that it runs about 50% of the time. In good Corn, the auger runs almost constantly. This difference is related the grain flow of the crop.

When the combine runs empty, the auger stops with a grain still surrounding the moisture sensor. The idea is to provide grain flow over the sensor but yet to keep the sensor emerged in grain at all times during normal operation.

If you answer YES to the cleanout question, the proximity switch is bypassed and the relay is engaged for a brief time period. This gives you the opportunity to cleanout the chamber. I usually answer YES in corn but generally don't bother in dry soybeans.

If the auger does not turn when you answer YES to the cleanout question you do have some type of problem. Check the separate power connection to the moisture enclosure and insure that all connection are fully mated.

It may be possible to test the system by removing the mositure sensor and tripping the proximity switch by hand.

Be Careful, if you attempt this as your fingers may be close to the auger and could result in injury when the auger starts.

You should have received a small bag with a spare fuse and screwdriver. The screwdriver is for adjusting the proximity switch. This may necessary for correct field operation but should have not effect on the cleanout procedure since the proximity switch is bypassed anyway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)