AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight -NEW
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 10/11/2008 21:44 (#480169 - in reply to #480067)
Subject: Re: Insight -NEW

I'm sitting here racking what little is left of my brain cells trying to recall how you downloaded the info from a YM 2000 to the computer. For the life of me I don't remember using a memory card until we got a combine (2366) with the AFS system. Seems that I brought the 2000 into the office & there was a cable you connected it to the computer with.

I still have my files that I downloaded from the 2000. It won't map like the newer units but you could track yields by fields or even break fields down into loads. Load could be anything you wanted it to be, semi load or even seperate varietys if doing a side by side check of two or more Besides side by side comparisons the biggest thing I used my 2000 for was keeping track of bushells from different fields that were comingled into a single grain bin. (BTW, this was before multi-peril ins).

I was always pretty good about watching how full the hopper was after a round & guessing the yield. Most of that comes from having grown up on this farm and knowing field lengths & such. What did surprise me when we installed our 1st YM was how far crop loss extended out past a wet hole. The wet hole itself was quite obvious but seeing how yields were affected so far out, even past the point where the crop looked normal, really opened my eyes

25 bu off on 1,000 bu isn't bad (about 2% error) but with a little work it can be brought closer than that. Ours usually was within 1% or less.

Hard to say what the problem is with your moisture sensor, Could be the sensor is bad or maybe a cable has been cut or chewed thru by a mouse. IMO, without the moisture sensor the yields you are seeing are pretty much worthless. If it was mine I would do a little investigating & try to see what's wrong & try to get it working if it's not cost prohibitive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)