AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Broken chaffer frame JD 9600
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 10/6/2008 11:55 (#475994 - in reply to #475804)
Subject: Re: Broken chaffer frame JD 9600

Ethridge, TN
Depending on how many hours you have, it probably needed the the arms replaced several of those hours back. Used to be, you could just replace the rubber bushings, but the last time I did a set, they no longer sell the bushing separate. They may not even look bad, but they have their limits, and ti seems once that is reached, the frame will come apart. I also replace the the bearing in the eccentric drive at the same time. I have seen those develop a rough spot, and again, the frame suffers for it.

This can be a little scary, and is not probably a well recommended way of checking, but if you have the machine running at idle, and you grab one of the arms that is "not" near anything else driven, you can feel that slight slap at the end of the stroke when they are getting close to replacement time. I also try to avoid having the machine set there and run wide open with no load on the sieves. I know lots of folks will let it run while they are dumping on a truck, but I've always shut them down.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)