AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's the best hand held moister tester????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

werknman
Posted 10/5/2008 23:03 (#475675 - in reply to #475397)
Subject: Re: What's the best hand held moister tester????

Central Illinois
Not the Farmex MT16!! I had the Farmex mt-16 with the case logo like agboy. Would rarely give me anywhere close to an accurate reading. On corn and soybeans 9 times out of ten it would give me 2% or 147 %. Nothing more irritating than to climb the bin take 20 readings and I'm pretty sure the corn was never 147 % when I put it in, let alone after drying. I returned it to the manufacturing twice. after the first return they re-calibrated it , said it worked fine. I opened the box, climbed the bin, no results even close. Called mfg., they said send it in with samples of the grain I am testing. Got it back, it worked a couple times, then went crazy. I went crazy. Drove over it with my articulated 4 whl drive and wiggled around on it a bit. Tough little bugger. Started working. Got three more samples before 147% showed up again. Sledgehammer showed up. Tester's dead. Just bought the DJ MG3 . So far, I get a reasonable reading. Been reading 1% lower than the elevator but I can live with that. It is easier to use than the farmex as no cap to screw on. Price is the same $169.00 at Rural King.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)