AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Willow/biomass baler information wanted
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GinNB
Posted 10/6/2008 06:49 (#475794 - in reply to #475781)
Subject: Re: Willow/biomass baler information wanted

It's pretty pricey for the amount of use I can see for it around here unless we get into actually selling biomass.  I'm basically just looking for an easy way to get rid of bushes without having all that slash on the ground afterwards.  It takes many years for it to disappear even with flail mowing or burning afterwards.  And yes, Bud has deeper pockets than I do.  :)

Sorry to hear about your terrible year.  What happened?  From up hear it sounded like your area had a very strong crop.  Our area had a so-so year.  Strong average crop when the rest of the industry was breaking records by upwards of 20% if the rumours I hear are true.  We set a record on this rotation but should've really smashed it with the inputs and effort we put in.  Deer and an early dry spell hurt us.  Deer got over 100,000lbs of our berries alone.  I haven't really seen Zane's walk-behind harvester working during harvest.  How did the toothcleaner handle grass and goldenrods?

And yes, there's a show in Moncton this winter.  It's every two years and this year's the year!  Love going to that show.  http://www.farmmechshow.com/ We'll hook up somehow if you're coming up.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)