AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1640 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Biff
Posted 10/5/2008 11:51 (#475286)
Subject: 1640 combine

Southern Ab
How do I tell if the inj. pump has been turned up? I bought a 1640 Case combine at a farm auction. 1350 hrs. on the 5.9 cummins. It has way more power than my old 1640 with the 466 . its only rated 10 hp more. When it starts cold it does not smoke at idle. but idling after working to smokes a little black. Not white or grey just black. At no load and high idle it runs clean but starts to smoke black at a normal load. It sounds good and fuel consumption is fairly reasonable. I've changed air filters etc. I still have a quarter of flax left to harvest then I can fool with it a little more. for one thing it seems to run a little cool. Its a very well taken care of machine in some ways but other stuff has really been neglected. I doubt if it has ever been hit by a raindrop but all chains and belts are original. There was no tension at all left on the rock trap drive chain. i wonder how he stood the noise. So i still have some ruined sprockets to change but I'll get by for a few more hours.
biff

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)