AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which combine, if cost were not an issue?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 10/5/2008 08:41 (#475195 - in reply to #475135)
Subject: Re: Which combine, if cost were not an issue?

Over the years I have had IH, MF (not Mighty Fine), JD, & have run AFs since 1982. During the time I have owned the AFs we have demoed a 9650 JD, a JD 9860, & a CIH 7010. I would have to say out of all the combines I have run over the years, others as well as ours, the one that most impresses me was the 9860 with the 7010 very, very close behind. 7010 probably would have been first if the dealer would have taken the time to make sure everything was working and if the guy that brought it down would have explained a few things instead of saying "here it is, have at it"

Being we don't have the need for a 9860 / 7010 size machine if I were buying a new combine today, well Monday being this is Sunday, my choice would be one of CIH's new 7088s. Bigger than our current 2388 but not as ig as the 7010.

Head wise I would go with a 36' draper head for soybeans. Haven't had the chance to run one though hope to demo one this fall. Haveing a "brain freeze" on cornheads. Which one has the self adjusting stripper plates? That appears to be a good concept but don't know how they will last, appears to be a lot of springs that could give problems over the long haul plus closest dealer is over 100 miles away. So propably would stay with a CIH head.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)