AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom upgrades how to remain stable?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/3/2016 17:57 (#5673672 - in reply to #5673527)
Subject: RE: Phantom upgrades how to remain stable?

southern MN
I have a mini iPad I use with it. Generally when I am done flying I swip the iPad totally off.

My droneport is away from the house, out of range of my wifi.

For a while the app was telling me the controller needed upgrading. I ignored that. As well my maps did not show, as it wasn't on wifi to fetch them.

At some point I either walked into range of the wifi, or left the iPad on as I went to the house. I noticed the map was showing. It no longer asks me to upgrade, but it is lost as to flying the drone, I can get 10 seconds to 5 minutes flight, then it will lose connection and fly itself home. I don't recall ever telling the app to upgrade the controller, but who knows what click got made on a small screen over time. My app did not upgrade, but I believe the controller firmware did.

I'm reasonably certain it is a miss match of the controller software and the drone software, and I'm sure if I just went ahead and updated all 4 pieces to the current versions it would fly today fine.

But at some point it seems we get messed up, and I want to ask before I mess up..... ;)

I'm sure I'm scaring several folks with machines on order. Things aren't all that bad, but I'm a Luddite with technology as to when something works, leave it alone. No updates until I determine I need one.

Paul

Edited by paul the original 12/3/2016 18:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)