AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When a good track goes bad (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Glenn W.
Posted 10/4/2008 13:40 (#474849 - in reply to #474662)
Subject: Re: When a good track goes bad (pics)

Southeast Washington
I don't have an answer either but I wonder about alignment coupled with the narrower drivers if there wasn't something that had got caught in the track system.

I don't know if you have any application where part of your track may be on higher ground versus the other edge of the track. Also how heavy of loads are you putting on the tractor? I don't see any front weights on the idlers to help hold the front of the track down. In our hilly country it is an important part of our track system so that it doesn't come up in the front and put a lot of the load on the back drivers possibly causing a problem like that. We want the whole length of track biting in the ground to move the tractor. Of course different parts of the country have different issues.

I have been happy with our extreme service belts versus the older versions of belts that the Challengers have used over the years. I hope you figure out the problem.

Here is a picture of our 30 inch belts on our 765 with the wide drivers and rollers. They had 5716 hours this morning and looked good on the inside. You might consider wider drivers if you are always going to be using the wider belts to give it more surface area to run on the belts.

(MT 765 track.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments MT 765 track.JPG (100KB - 85 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)