AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some Pictures of Coulter-Only NH3 Strip till in hills and rocks from today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 10/3/2008 00:39 (#474143 - in reply to #474116)
Subject: RE: Some Pictures of NH3 Strip till in hills and rocks from today

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Eddie,

This was just a demo to help these folks make plans for the future. This was in far NW IL, not near Springfield. They will be working this field some time between now and planting.

They are transitioning from a traditional tillage program to ammonia-based strip till with rtk guidance. The goal today was just to show how we could seal high rates of nh3 in hills and rocks. I think we passed the test pretty well.

In the hillier fields usually customers will make strips in the spring. Erosion would be my concern on some of these slopes if we left strips up and down these hills in the fall. Most of their strips will be on the contour as they make the transition. They are also moving from 20" to 30" in large part to take advantage of strip till and the fertilizer savings, as I understand it.

In Springfield again it is just a partial field demo to show what the system will do. I hope to be in some good cornstalks and maybe bean stubble there.

One of the things that folks are most in need of seeing for themselves is whether or not you can really apply high rates of nh3 without  a knife.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 10/3/2008 00:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)