AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Natural gas cars / Rising fertilizer prices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 10/2/2008 07:48 (#473559)
Subject: Natural gas cars / Rising fertilizer prices?

Baldwin City, KS
I'm not well informed on the subject of natural gas transportation, but I have farmed long enough to know that the words natural gas are capable of blowing N prices through the roof, just like the word hurricane, when it comes to oil.
I have been seeing the T Boone Pickens promotion of natural gas transportation on TV lately and just had one of my simple minded realizations. Will transportation competing for natural gas, cause a shortage or drive fertilizer prices beyond our reach? Is natural gas transportation commonplace enough in other countries that a little more won't show much impact? I thought we already were running short on natural gas. Why not use it to make fertilizer to make corn to make fuel for the cars, so we all can make a living. Cut out the middle man (farmer), who will make the food for all these natural gas car driving folks?
Maybe I should worry about something important, like what will break down or get out today. Sorry if this should have been on Forum talk. I just started here since I had fertilizer prices on the brain.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)