AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Safety first a timely reminder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KelB
Posted 10/2/2008 06:50 (#473521)
Subject: Safety first a timely reminder

Ayr Queensland Australia 4807

Safety first a timely reminder what can happen, this week a young fellow 20 years young lost his life at work the reason I am telling everyone is to remind us older people that we forget to warn the younger fellows about certain things to look out for. . The details I have are many times pasted on so may not be completely accurate.
He was working on some sort of cane trailer taking the wheels off the trailer must have several different versions of rims he undone the retaining bolts on what we call a split rim this is a rim that is bolted together and you have to deflate the tyre before removing the bolts as the air pressure can cause the rim to crack or explode.
The rim exploded killing this young fellow, he may not even known about this type of rim, as I said to a young fellow that works with us its time to remind the young generation about what we assume they know, I asked my 22 year son if he knew this fellow he did not think he did however he learnt soon after that it was a fellow he was talking to at a party several weeks ago he only new him by a nick name. So if you do one thing tomorrow and you work with some young people that could work on this sort of rim show them and warn them it may save a life..
Accident happened Home hill Queensland Australia

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)