AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH56 4-row planter - what to look for and ballpark $$
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fighting suburbia NC
Posted 10/1/2008 12:27 (#472940)
Subject: IH56 4-row planter - what to look for and ballpark $$

Too close to Raleigh, NC
I know it is old and, at 4 rows, small, but I have my eye on one that I would like to use for food plots. Looks to be in good shape, has at least the corn plates and maybe bean plates thrown in the deal. All the covers are on it, none of the tanks are cracked that I can tell, overall fairly good shape. Looks to be 30 inch row spacing. Inspected out the window the other day so I haven't had a closeup hands on look at it yet. Has row markers on both sides that aren't pretzled (yet).

How much tractor would I need to pull it? I figure at least one remote required but not sure of it needs 2 or not. Any problem areas to pay attention to? Are parts readily available or would you need to have several junkers around to keep one running? What would be a decent offer if it turns out to be in usable shape and all there? This is mostly a tobacco and soybean area with a little corn mixed in so I doubt this one has been used to the point of being worn out.

Private party deal, not at a dealer, not that it matters if it is in good shape. Thanks in advance for the wisdom of the board.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)