AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for opinions on value of NH3 bar (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/25/2008 20:20 (#469365)
Subject: Looking for opinions on value of NH3 bar (pics)

Chebanse, IL.....

Considering upgrading our NH3 bar for '09.

Anyone have ideas on what our present bar might be worth? It's a DMI Nutri-Placr 3250. Probably 10 yrs old or less. It's a 37.5' bar, or 15 x 30 shank. Very common for a 16r sidedress bar. We are the 2nd owner. 1st owner was farmer also. I saw it on his farm when we agreed to buy it a few yrs back. Never been a fertilizer dealer bar. If sold, it would NOT include the Ravens equipment, only hoses & manifolds, knives, coulters, etc. It also comes w/the Blu-Jet independant suspension closers. We think they're almost a perfect closer tool. As you can see in photos, bar also has spring-reset coulters & knife shanks. A must if you have rocks, I think. Also-there is no "end-ways transport" with it, again not needed since it's never been at a fert dealer.

I'm not really sure where to go to find value of used bar. Most of the fertilizer equipment dealers prefer to only sell new stuff.

So-any valid opinions? I'm not considering your opinion as an offer of any type. This photo was taken 3 yrs ago, but bar looks same or better now. Always sheeded when not working.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)