AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skidsteers which one??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BillinMN
Posted 9/25/2008 21:02 (#469392 - in reply to #469301)
Subject: RE: Skidsteers which one??

Buffalo, MN

I've been very happy with my Case 90XT with tracks. It's a big loader will do just about anything. I have tracks on mine to make it float better. It has AC, two speed, and ride control. What I don't like is having to hold down the two speed button all the time.

I've been happy with my Gehl 5635SX since I put a new engine in it. The old one had 4600 hrs. It will lift two round bales and has a longer reach to the front at trailer height than the 90XT. Its used every day for mixing feed. It's a pretty basic machine. No AC, two speed, or ride control.

Make sure you get hydraulic quiktach. well worth what ever the cost for time and safety. We have put foam in the tires of the 90XT and no flat tires on the Gehl. I just couldn't stand the down time. I went with all hand controls since my boys couldn't reach pedals in other skid loaders (JD, NH, Bobcat)

JD/NH seemed to be the most stable to me. Cat was the smoothest to control. I bought the Gehl because it was cheap, the Case because it had tracks to float in the sloughs to get round bales.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)