AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update: 2588, AFS 600 and more ?'s.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 9/24/2008 21:07 (#468632)
Subject: Update: 2588, AFS 600 and more ?'s.

Mid-Missouri
Thanks for the posts. I pulled every other wire in the second and third concave this morning because of a shower. Went to the field with 20+% moisture again. I know it helped with rotor loss but not as much as I liked. I straightened the grate vanes and it definately helped, running 5mph at about 160 bpa. I truely believe this variety holds on to the kernels on the cob very tight. That is one reason pulling wires didn't help. I do believe the wires removed will really shine later in the season with dry corn and let it fall through. Several cobs are white in color and are very flexible. How much does the chopper break cobs w/o stationary knives? Now I need more advice. Rotor is on about 350, concave 3.3 fan 1100. How should the front chaffer be set and should I have the sieve WIDE open and clean with the top chaffer? Is 1100 on fan okay for 20% moisture. The only cob I am getting in bin is smaller pieces a little bigger than the corn. Also, why does my feederhouse throw kernels forward and out, like it is coming around the feederhouse and back out on top,or so it appears, on a 2208. As for the AFS 600, how do you label fields, farms, tags, tasks, grower etc. Also, do you have to go to the performance screen to change combine "loads" each time you want. Furthermore, I want to label what varieties I am combining. Where do I label this to where I don't have to type it in everytime, tag,task...? TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)