AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

loewen posifeed drum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DevinF
Posted 9/21/2008 22:22 (#466151 - in reply to #466070)
Subject: Re: loewen posifeed drum

Nwmo
I just put a posifeed drum in my 9600, I can't really say it feeds any better but it certainly isn't any worse. I think the loewen drums are cheaper than Deere any way so. I did the same thing you are doing, I went with a wide spaced chain that is what was in mine some people said the narrow chain was narrow keep and bean or wheat type of crop mat from feeding, the wide spaced is cheaper too. One thing to make sure is that you get a contour master chain if you have that on your combine, they will have slightly angled slats on the ends to clear the pivot frame. I went with a loewen chain other thing you will probably have to replace while your in there are the feeder drum shaft the 2 bearings on the outside of the drum. The bushings and arms that hold the drum in place will most likely be worn out. I also had to get the cast bearing flanges on the end of the drum as mine were worn enough the were letting the bearing spin. A & I has most of that stuff and they sell loewen parts now.

As a disclaimer I have only run 50 acres of beans so far this year so my experience with the posifeed drum is limited, however I would probably go back with one just because of price.

hope this helps
Devin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)