AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Analyzing precision ag technology's effect on crop yield
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jacob Bolson
Posted 9/17/2008 13:33 (#462724 - in reply to #462664)
Subject: Re: Analyzing precision ag technology's effect on crop yield

Iowa
rollig - 9/17/2008 12:00

This idea is intriguing to me. The concept that uniformity in crops is a key to yield may give this arguement some merit. I would like to see more studies on this particular subject...more rows, population checks per row, fert application method uniformity, not necessarily a half mile long but the longer the better.

Jacob, you should call the GPS dealer you are using and aks them if they will throw some money your way to do a study that could potentially increase their use of the higher accuracy signals(RTK) and hardware. It would be a nice selling point for them to talk people into the upgrade on recievers and signals with better accuracy if they could correlate it to an actual yield improvement.

This data was not actually collected on any of the ground that I'm involved with. It was collected on another farm that Cedar Valley Innovations (CVI) was doing some work at. However, I was given permission to reproduce this specific graph as I used the information in some controlled traffic research that I did back in 2006. CVI has substantially more information available on this subject, however it is proprietary as CVI is a consulting firm for producers. Like I mentioned earlier, I have permission to reproduce this specific data and discuss the general subject.

If you would like me to put you in touch with Bob Recker, President of CVI, please drop me an e-mail.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)