AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Swath Control Pro??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

klocken
Posted 9/7/2008 23:02 (#454600 - in reply to #454396)
Subject: John Deere AMS techs?

Dix (Boyd), IL
Any techs reading this post or others with more experience? I use swath control with a Redball pull-type sprayer on SF1 signal and have wondered about this too. It's one thing to find previous tire tracks, shift or center track spacing to this point. BUT if there is several feet of drift, you would be physically driving in the proper place on your next pass, but SwathControl would think that you are overlapping (or skipping). If this overlap were enough, SC might shut off the inside boom section. Or (even harder to determine) what if the drift is in the same direction as your field passes so that the headland boundary drifts? Is there a good way to determine this drift? to correct the problem (shifting the whole coverage map)? In this situation should we temporarily change our valve on/off timing to compensate (maybe causing intentional overlap to avoid accidental skips in the headlands)? My solution when I know there is signifcant drift, is to make another perimeter pass inside the original headlands to produce a new headland. I do this with SwathControl turned off and intentionally over lap by about ten feet just to be safe. Is all of this a good or safe thing, or is it just overkill?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)