AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble autopilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

merlon
Posted 9/7/2008 17:30 (#454181 - in reply to #453103)
Subject: garuntees?!?!

SC Minnesota
I was garunteed my Deere Starfire would perform to 4 inch accuracy. I don't know where they measured from but it is 4 inch incremnts. I think my old Deere starfire snowmobile performed the same way. Or was it spitfire. Whatever. Broad based garuntees are tough. But I know a surveyor that uses a smartphone on the MN DOT system and he never has problems. He cannot stand doing jobs with a base station.

I kind of like the debates here. The campaigns for public office are alot more colorful than I have ever seen here. Here we get to see both sides, sort of. I talked to CLLEWISON at FPS and he is just matter of fact on this. Maybe just need to smooth off the edges, but the message is right. ALange must work for trimble. DJ Hill must work for Mojo. They tell it like they see it. I don't think you have to remove your posts.

I know guys in the Red River of MN and ND and they are frustrated with their tower networks. If the little radios are going to work anywhere, shouldn't it be there? Flat as a pancake, no trees and few buildings. They loose signal and change towers constantly. Then that moves your whole position.

My understanding of VRS is it doesn't matter much how far you are from the bases, but that you are inside or near the entire system.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)