AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Guide 500 3.05 Firmware released
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/31/2008 08:15 (#447335 - in reply to #446790)
Subject: More

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I did some further investigating yesterday after my earlier post and some questions I had about using an EZ-Guide 500 with the new firmware (3.05) in various situations.

I was incorrect about the external GPS corrections situation. The warning that I saw was in the area where you can pick an external GPS. The external GPS would need to be a TSIP (Trimble only) type. After disucssing this with my Coworker he explained that in that situation the wiring informs the 500 that a TSIP receiver is connected and then the 500 can be set to use the external TSIP GPS.

This should mean that I could temporarily move my 332 with Omnistar into the tractor with the 500. The 500 is WAAS only, the 332 has the Omnistar unlock.

If I connect the 332 to the 500 properly and set the 500 to use the external GPS then I should have the added accuracy of Omnistar. This would allow me to use my Omnistar unlock and subscription which is normally in one tractor to another situation. The 500 would still be the display and interface for my autopilot but the DGPS would actually be coming in from the 332. I could later move the 332 back out of the tractor and once again use the 500's internal GPS. I probably won't do this but it seems possible.

I used the EZ-Toolbox and found that my autopilot firmware on that tractor is at 4.51. Apparently I need to upgrade to 4.52

I also noticed a menu item referring to some advanced settings. A rather stern warning is associated with turning this feature ON. The warning states that I shouldn't turn ON this feature unless directed to do so by a Trimble Tech. Well I turned it ON anyway to investigate. It appears that there is a Port A or Port B setting as well as some type of test. I turned the advanced feature setting back to OFF without changing anything.

Edited by tedbear 8/31/2008 08:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)