AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soilteq GPS to PF Advantage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/26/2008 07:06 (#443432 - in reply to #443313)
Subject: Re: Soilteq GPS to PF Advantage

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The Advantage cable needs a 15 pin connector at the Advantage end. This is different than the cable used by the YM2000, PF3000 or Insight.

The settings mentioned in the above post are correct. The Garmin came in different configurations. A common one had a 9 pin for GPS out and programming in. The power on that model was a lighter type plug.

There was a loose style which had no connectors on it and just a cable that you wired to your own layout.

The third type was designed to work with a Laptop and got power from the laptop.

Garmin has a configuration program to change the settings to those mentioned in the above post. I feel there is a good chance that the settings may be proper already since those settings are commonly used in Ag applications.

I successfully used a Garmin 16 with my Insight for a time. Mine is the lighter type style. My cable would not work for you since the Insight uses a 9 pin connector.

I had planned on checking my old Garmin to see if it still would work but I haven't gotten to it. Maybe today.

Edited by tedbear 8/26/2008 07:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)