AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight - Learned somethings yesterday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/16/2008 08:38 (#436417)
Subject: Insight - Learned somethings yesterday

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
We had our Fall Ag Leader training yesterday at the store. I was familiar with most of material but a refresher is always a good idea.

I learned a solution to something that has come up occasionally. If a field does not have a boundary established for it there are certain circumstances that cause the onscreen map to be off the screen.

For example, with a sprayer and Direct Command, the sprayer may be working properly but the position arrow and onscreen map seem to be missing. In actuality the data is being logged and the onscreen map is being created it is just off the screen. One could continue to spray the field and everything would probably be just fine.

However, most of us feel more secure and like the confidence of the onscreen map. The trick to get the map back centered on the screen is as follows: Stop the sprayer and shut off the booms so that you can get to the Setup (Wrench) screen. In the area where you define the fields bring up the field that you are currently working in and go to the screen where you could edit the information such as Township, County etc. In the upper right hand corner you should see a box saying "Clear Bounds". Push this button, nothing seems to happen but when you return to the RUN screen, the map will have centered itself and the operation can be resumed.

If a boundary is associated with this field this situation would not happen since the system knows the shape and size of the field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)