AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Like to Hear from you A & L grain cart owners.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 7/4/2008 12:09 (#409651 - in reply to #409575)
Subject: Re: Like to Hear from you A & L grain cart owners.

That 47 had set outside it's whole life before we got it. About 40 man hours and a few gallons of paint later it looks like you see it. There's a dealer in Nebraska that can get gearboxes and stuff. Most of it is pretty common. Yes, it has a hydraulic gate in the cart. It also has a large cleanout door with a big lever so you can clean it out or dump over a pit or auger. If there's even a chance of rain and it has to set out overnight we'll dump it. You'll get maybe a couple 5 gallon bucketfulls on the ground. If you don't, you'll be under there with a hydraulic jack getting the door open so the auger will start. Sometimes if we are pretty close to the bins we'll just back over the swing hopper and dump that way. This one happens to be a hydraulic drive and it takes about 5 minutes to dump on the 5488. It's a little faster on the 7140. Might be faster on PTO, not sure.

The A&L is really similar to a J&M, in fact, I beleive there were some patent disputes before A&L went out of business. I wouldn't be surprised if a J&M gearbox would even work.

If you get an 47, check the wheel bearings and keep them tight. It's not really a weak spot, but I've seen more than one with a wheel off, and ours is crinkled a little on the other side where I imagine that happened to it. The spindles are bolted in a sleeve so they are replaceable. So far we've greased and tightened wheel bearings a couple times in about 5 years and have had no real trouble with the cart.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)