AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Massey Fergusen 220 Swather
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

combine ken
Posted 7/3/2008 16:55 (#409201 - in reply to #408720)
Subject: RE: Massey Fergusen 220 Swather

southern Alberta
Ive got a 1999 220 series 2 machine. Positives- tall and long tractor unit,fides better than the old Versatile, wide table opening, 54", can cut 160 acres on a tank of fuel, comfortable to run once you get the seat in the right place, ran it to far back and had hand to control angle issues.
Negatives- Not built any to heavy, a rough operator would tear it up, I am not a big fan of the switches that control the hyd. functions on the speed cotrol lever, they are fairly stiff to push after 4-5 days of running, my thumb get sore on the tip, a light weighted rocker switch would of been a better idea.
The knive drive gear box is a potental problem on an older machine. Some have been converted to the Honey Bee drive assembly. I have broken the knive right at, or near where the head bolts to the knife, twice. With the hyd.drive header I no longer run it at full speed as it shakes quit a bit. I have Rotoshears on mine and it is a good Canola cutting machine. I have never cut cereals with it so I cant help ya there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)