AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calmer Cornhead updates...........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

myron
Posted 7/2/2008 13:03 (#408498 - in reply to #408416)
Subject: RE: Calmer Cornhead updates...........

Spring Grove MN
Hi Loren

We will have the entire setup this year on our 894. If your parts are shot you would be making a mistake to put the factory stuff back on. Our knife rolls were due so I will put on his this year. I have them in hand. I cut the old ones last year to make them similar to the new design. It helped. You will run a lot less trash in if you go to slow down kit and deck plates. We have run that for 3 or 4 years. It is a big improvement. You also should slow down your cross augor, if you have not done that yet. One of our nieghbors put on the slow down kit last year for his 6620 and it was quite obvious he was moving faster. We picked up about the 1/2 mile per hour. In talking with others in the area, we can put about the same or more bushels per hour through our 9560 than the guys with the 96's and 97's. You guys still running a 94? If you are wondering who this is, we had the other lemon JD100 baler form Decorah. That should ring the bell. Did you guys get a few new ditchs with all the rain?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)