AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacement metal on side of 1680 CIH? Old Pokey? Anyone?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 7/1/2008 06:55 (#407754)
Subject: Replacement metal on side of 1680 CIH? Old Pokey? Anyone?

Baldwin City, KS
Brother and I have an '89 1680. I have only owned it long enough to cut 40 acres of real late beans last fall. Forgive my ignorance in explanation of parts, but here we go. On the left side there is the end of the shaft that appears to be connected to all of the shoe augers. Also on this side it looks like it drives the shakers. The piece of side metal that this shafts bearings is mounted in is cracking in places around the bearing flange. It appears to have been welded some in other places previously. I'm going to weld the current cracks for now so I can cut wheat.

My question, can that piece of metal be replaced? It is welded in, but if the piece could be purchased new, it appears that a good welder could cut the welds and put in a new one. If not, what would be the way for a better long term repair/modification? No doubt, this isn't the first one to do this, I'm just not real savy on the big rotor machines.

Thanks for the help. If that was clear as mud, I'll try to get a picture for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)