AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

01 Dodge Diesel Fuel problems?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 6/28/2008 00:03 (#405999 - in reply to #405953)
Subject: Re: 01 Dodge Diesel Fuel problems?

Ethridge, TN
The Dodge boys part of the screw up was way to small a fuel line, and to much distance to try and suck that fuel.

Seems like when you price any of these update kits you have to grit your teeth and decide just what your wiling to put in it. I was about ready to buy the FASS system till a guy told me about the Cummins update kit. Even with the price Genos charge for the relocation kit, and the increased fuel line size, I was able to do the update for about half the cost of the FASS. My pump now has to only pull the fuel about 2', then it's pushing it the rest of the way. Plus it's doing it thru double the size of that little steel line that was OEM.

Never have chipped this one, as I've never really seemed to have needed anymore power than it has. The one thing I wish I had done WAAAAAAYYYYY before I did was to put the Banks Exhaust on it. Even put the power elbow on the Turbo. That's another one of those bend over kits. At least it's all stainless steel, so shouldn't have to ever do it again. I was surprised at just how much better that made the truck run. It lets the turbo spool up so much faster.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)