AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new sprayer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bharzman
Posted 6/25/2008 07:38 (#404105)
Subject: new sprayer question

North Central Kansas
I am going to upgrade my sprayer at the end of this year. I currently have a 220 coupe. yes i know, prehistoric
I want to go bigger then a 300 gallon tank as this is just a small jump. I know that in the next 5 years my dad will no longer be helping me with the farming operation. So with 1200 tillable acres, I need to be as efficient as possible.

I know I want min 400 gallon tank, 60' booms, power steering (so I can get auto steer) after that its all gravy.
I had looked at the 4000 series coupe, but those are apx $45,000 to $50,000 for 400 tank
Apache and Cherok. are 500 tanks and $35,000 to $45,000.

I had never thought of the Apache, but someone told me to check em out, as the tanks are bigger, and overall are cheaper then the coupes.
I know that the spray coupes are a good brand, and have heard some good on the Apache. The bad is the front spindles like to snap on the Apache.

I have a 1000 gallon nurse tank, and would have to drive a whopping 5 miles to the furtherest field.

I am seeking opinions from owners on what they have, likes dislikes, if you could do it over, would you do the same or buy different.
thanks
brent in ks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)