AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying pics (dialup at your own risk)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boetboer
Posted 6/25/2008 05:28 (#404066)
Subject: Spraying pics (dialup at your own risk)

South Africa

Last Saturday here in the Western Cape, South Africa. This is next door to my usual place of work, where I also help out sometimes. They run this nice Claas tractor with an older Hardi sprayer, as well as the MB Trac with a small Tecnoma. We were spraying canola with Kerb, Dimethoate and Alphametrin. I also put some pics of our barley on croptalk. Serious volunteer wheat in this field.

Folded up and ready to go fill up.

The MB Trac in front of the machine shed.

In the field. In the late 80's/early 90's there were loads of these outfits running all over the district. Spraying, grain carting and broadcasting seed/fertilizer were their typical jobs. Many guys seeded with air-boom Amazone spreaders, one up front and one at the back. This kind of sprayer setup was also popular. Not so many around any more. This tractor is going for 20,000 hours.

The view from inside:

Pretty happy with this stand of canola, especially since this field has a high clay factor. They're just smaller than we'd like at this time, but that's because it was bone-dry when we seeded here.

We're spraying a part of the field that was plowed separately, check out how it is significantly cleaner than the part we just vibrashanked (just at the edge of the wiper blade). Used to be a fence line here, but we merged these fields to make a connected 150 acres instead of three small pieces.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by boetboer 6/25/2008 05:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)