AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FYI 115 Spra-coupe owners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 6/24/2008 01:21 (#403473 - in reply to #403449)
Subject: Re: FYI 115 Spra-coupe owners

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Sorry to hear that, they are so overpriced and the build quality of the new governors is so poor.
I wore one out a couple of years ago and bought a new one for what, $500+ ??? The thing was a disaster from the git go. The end of the shaft was expanded so it enlarged the hole in the aluminum pulley when they pressed it on, then they drilled the retaining roll pin hole way off center. The stretched pulley wobbled on the shaft and ruined the shaft and pulley, I fitted the pulley from the old governor with JB weld and got a few more hours out of it before the bearings failed. Had it long enough that they would not warranty it.
luckily I bought a cheap old coupe for parts that had a good governor on it. nearly paid for the cost of the parts coupe with 1 part.
I vowed I would never buy another one of those crappy quality over priced governors, I bought a salvage yard velocity governor from an earlier model coupe for a few $$. it will be an easy retrofit and is a far more reliable and simple governor. both engines were the same size, so the governor setup should right for the later engine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)