AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/12/2008 06:35 (#395789 - in reply to #395631)
Subject: Re: Raven controller

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with the above posts.

Since you mention a 9 volt battery, this 440 is fairly old. Newer 440s have a different style memory (nonvolatile) and no 9 volt battery is used.

The purpose of the 9 volt battery is to provide enough voltage to keep the memory alive during very brief power outages or drops. The most common scenario was using these 440's with older JD tractors such as a 4430.

The circuit board is actually alive or ON anytime the console is plugged in whether the Power Switch is ON or OFF. Turning the power switch ON makes the display come to life and also allows power to go out to the controls. The circuit board on these older 440s needs power to maintain all settings such as boom width, rate etc.

When the starter was engaged on certain tractors (4430s etc.), the voltage dropped and the 440 lost its memory which forced the operator to reenter them each time this happened. The 9 volt battery and the 12v normal source are connected by diodes so that the one with the higher voltage will support the circuit board and thus keep the memory alive.

The 9 volt battery has absolutely nothing to do with the normal operation of the 440. Putting in a new battery is probably not a bad idea but it will have effect on your other problems.

Edited by tedbear 6/12/2008 06:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)