AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Be careful on the roads with equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KTinSD
Posted 8/12/2006 00:25 (#34858 - in reply to #34632)
Subject: RE: Be careful on the roads with equipment

East Central SD
I live on a highway and have no choice but to travel it to go anywhere with wide machinery. People think it's the end of the world if they have to knock off their cruise control and slow down a little bit. I make a lot of left turns off the highway and always use the turn signals but they do absolutely no good. I think people hardly notice the flashers and they sure as hell don't pay any attention when one is flashing and one is solid.

Two beautiful young neighbor girls were killed on my corner this summer because she felt it was OK to just blow through the stop sign. Unfortunately a utility truck pulling a trailer with a trencher was there at the same time. There are thousands of us that wish we could turn back the clock and show her what was going to happen to her and her little sister if she didn't change her ways. All the flowers tied to the stop sign are a constant reminder how we sometimes only get one chance - I wish everyone would have seen what I saw that day. Maybe, just maybe it would make them think a little.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)