AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AFS pro600 and Raven
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

casefarmer2588
Posted 6/7/2008 20:19 (#392580 - in reply to #392496)
Subject: Re: AFS pro600 and Raven

Hutchinson Kansas
I use the 600 for the planter, autosteer, and raven. If you get the adaptor for the raven you have two ports. One is the 9 pin and the other one wires into the CAN connector. You can choose either one in the 600 screen A, or B. Our tractors both came 600 ready so I have never had to try to input gps data through the 9 pin. I wish I could tell you more but we waited for 3 months and just got all the cables needed to try this. I have sprayed 320 acres with this raven adaptor and I am still learning. I will say that the only purpose this cable setup has right now is as a data logger so dont order it expecting anything more from it yet. It does not replace a raven it only logs the raven data. It does allow you to adjust your rate through the 600 but lets be honest it is not hard to do with the raven. It will shut off flow to your implement if you are using a fast valve but it does not shut off flow for the standard valve yet. It does not shut off the master switch instead it just turns the rate cal number to 0.1. Sorry I cant be more help yet but if you want to know more I do have a powerpoint on how it works.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)