AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Carts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 8/10/2006 20:18 (#34490 - in reply to #34479)
Subject: RE: Grain Carts

West Union, Illinois

Mark,  My first recommendation would be to stay away from the 1210 / 1210A and it's twin from the original manufacturer.  They were great in their day, but their day has passed.

Size is a combination of your circumstances and comfort zone.  With the tractors you mentioned I would be cautious at getting much larger than 450 bushels. But it depends on how you plan on using it.

If it is just a portable tank you pull to the field and don't move a great big one will be fine.  But if you are chasing a combine through the field and working in the mud, a smaller one fits the bill better.

We have a J & M because we liked the design and because it is what Bob Tuttle sells.  (local J&M dealer.  Price was good, if we need a repair he has it close by) The auger comes out the front corner and folds across the front out of the way when not being used.  It works even better on a small 4WD tractor.

I'd be hesitant about a 4 wheel one.  I think it would be more of a problem in soft soil conditions.  but that is speculation, not experience.  Perhaps someone else has used both and can give better advice.

Someday I will actually make a post and not have to come back and EDIT the typos in it!

Edited by Mike SE IL 8/10/2006 20:24

(100_0131 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_0131 (Small).JPG (61KB - 549 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)