AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD Starfire RTK Compatibility
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tmecham
Posted 6/6/2008 12:50 (#391760 - in reply to #391719)
Subject: RE: JD Starfire RTK Compatibility

Greetings CatTechGeek,

Some answers to your questions:

Leica has hooked into a Trimble base station and can communicate with it (http://www.mojortk.com/leica-web/app/content/public/resources/files/how-to/software/how%20to%20guide%20-%203rd%20party%20communication.pdf). While this link currently states that you can't use CMR, CMR+ in conjunction with GLONASS, we do have the ability to use it with RTCM 3.0 and GLONASS together, as this is a much more stable solution. I would imagine in MN with tree lines, GLONASS in conjunction with what you are trying to do would be optimal for performance.

John Deere will not work with what you are trying to accomplish, they are proprietary. I think the only way you could get a "temporary" code, is if you worked with a local dealer to see if they would supply you with a "demo". However, again, even if you pay for the 3K for the RTK, you still won't be able to work with a Trimble considering that they don't provide optional data formats.

A couple of things you could do here: 

1) If you have a Deere with SF2 and either GS1 display (brown box) or GS2 monitor and you are running on a Deere, than congratulations, you can own a mojo and turn your current hardware into RTK, run everything through your Deere system with no RTK activation required. If you have SF1 or SF2 mojo will work regardless through the GS1/GS2 controllers.

2) You have the option to run all other data formats with your Trimble base from your neighbor (CMR, CMR+, RTCM 3.0) with mojo as a stand as well.

If you are trying to accomplish a Deere system to integrate with any of the above data formats to a Trimble base/network, I don't believe that this has been accomplished.

Hope this helps and all is well in Shakopee. ;-)

Trevor

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)