AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Survey: Would you steer your combine again?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sakeller
Posted 6/6/2008 12:37 (#391749 - in reply to #391715)
Subject: Re: Survey: Would you steer your combine again?

Camrose, Alberta
When I first got my EZ-STEER I put it on the combine and thought it was ok that fall. The next spring I loved it for seeding and spraying, then in the fall I hated it for combining. Once I saw the EZ-STEER perform better on the tractor I was dissapointed with its performance on the combine. I didn't have terrain compensator so every little bump through the combine offline. Since the antennea on the combine is twice as high as the one on the tractor hood it makes bumps or slope much worse. Also speeding up and slowing down rather quickly caused the combine to veer offline (as much as two feet!). I found we where using the nudge way too often in the combine. Like I said it probably would have worked much better with terrain comp.

Last year had GS2 with SF1 in the combine and it was awesome, I would never consider running a combine without autosteer, especially with a 36-foot draper header.

You run a field more effiecently by going back and forth, even with multiple combines with at least one that autotracks back and forth is better. The autotrack combine can cut a block for the non-ATU combine(s) to harvest and avoid leaving strips less than a full header width.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)