AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wholesale buying groups, any good?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 6/11/2008 00:21 (#394844 - in reply to #394425)
Subject: Re: wholesale buying groups, any good?

Brazilton KS

They saved us money fifteen years ago, when information was harder to come by.  With the internet, I will bet on finding better prices then they can come up with today.   I'm positive about filters, very confident about tires, willing to bet on most other aftermarket parts,  they might have a chance on OEM parts if they have a good supplier.  I think our current source has turned their margin back up a bit too high and they might get caught out.  Never were able to buy fertilizer from them, however the did make good leverage with other suppliers.  I will doubt that they can play in the crop protection we chemical market against other wholesalers.

Our experience turned out okay, we learned a lot about purchasing and because of the luck of timing we were not at the bottom of the ponzi, but I sure never saw any invitation to "join" the reincarnation for free because of the previous ripoff.   The guys who were unlucky enough to get to pay their dollars and then immediately get screwed are the ones who were hurt.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)