AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on using prescription files thru Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/25/2008 08:16 (#384331 - in reply to #384324)
Subject: Re: Update on using prescription files thru Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The application report is part of the Insight and is not used with SMS at all. This report is created by the Insight in the popular .pdf format. It is saved to the memory card in a folder under the Insights serial number, it is further subdivided into a folder for each grower, then farm, then field. The system assigns a descriptive name to the actual operation.

This means that this report can be viewed on virtually any computer that has a card reader since most of them have the free Adobe reader on them from some other situation. SMS is not necessary nor used to view the applicaton report. You just double click on the file, the computer launches the reader and you can view and/or print the report. This report is not editable in the sense that reports can be with SMS.

There are several ways that the report can be generated. It is possible to have the Insight remind you or force you to fill in the application data when you switch fields or products. The form can be filled in "after the fact" but it is probably wise to fill in the data while it is still fresh in your mind.

I have mine set to remind me to do this as I switch fields or products. If I don't want to take the time then I can just cancel out of that screen and keep going.

Yesterday I went into the sprayer tractor and made the reports for the spraying I did last Sunday.

Edited by tedbear 5/25/2008 08:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)